Thursday 20 March 2008

AUH – DBX – LOS (Ajala returns to the Motherland)

So we all graduated right? To God be the glory. The graduation night was fantastic. We went to some hotel for sea food buffet dinner. Tufia! The thing was like they put crab in hot water for 30 secs then serve the thing for us to eat.. Rubbish.. thank God for the hot food corner where I quickly grabbed some roast potatoes and lasagne.

Fast forward to Friday morning. I’d already called a cab to take me to the airport for 4am. Your babe did not wake up till 3.45am when the cab driver rang me. Shuwo.. I was just too tired. The last week of school was just hell and its catching up with me.. I hurried into the shower and lugged my baggage down the lifts…The hour and a half journet to dubai was almost emotional.. I remembered the good times I had there and the good people I met. Maybe I will return but circumstances will be different then sha.
I arrived in Lagos around 2pm Friday. My sis was there to get me.. she is still as pretty as ever..We went to her place and I met my brand new nephew.. (3 months aint exactly brand new). I finally went to my parents place. I miss my folks o.. And the area don change.. all the folks I grew up with don disappear.. They will soon start asking me where my husband is..

I’ve been looking for cyber café to publish this post. Cyber café’s in festac are so not cool. Imagine sitting there for almost one hour and still not connecting to blogger? Plus I didn’t take my flash drive with me so I lost my initial post. Already here 5 days and I’m already getting pissed off. Ohh… you wanna try NEPA.. Infact.. I just dey maintain my champion.. the HEAT is HOT down here. I hear raining season will start soo (abeg hurry o)

So enough of this moaning.. Easter weekend is drawing near.. maybe I will catch some trips around here. I am looking forward to it. I berra catch some trips.. I would have tried to groove but all the stories I hear from my people about armed robbers makes me scared o.. I don’t wanna be a victim. I want to return to India in one piece..

7 comments:

Simi Speaks said...

awesome. welcome bck!! how long were u away for?

Tolantino said...

@Simi Speaks
The last time was home was in June 2006. Its been about 21 months so I'm really happy to be back in gidi. Lol

Bubblegum Thug said...

Aunty, u better go out. When u reach India, and they put u to work, u will be feeling bad. I am glad u are making the best of Lagos. Abeg enjoy it for all of us jare.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Congrats on finishing! Sorry about Lagos heat and security wahala, but we thank God for your life and that of your loved ones.

Take care!


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

Thirty + said...

So how is Lasgidi hope you are catching your fun. Do get back to India in one piece o.

Uzo said...

Have fun....

Tolantino said...

Thanks guys.. am trying my best!